Parasites are microorganisms that survive by eating through the body of its carrier. Stabilendam in the human body, they cause serious health problems, and as a result their reproduction can lead to a fatal outcome.
Parasitic organisms usually klassificeret into two types:
- Animal pestes, which include parasitic worms (worms, flat worms), arachnids, mites, molluscs and so on.
- Phytoparasite – a plant-parasites, viruses, pathogenic fungi, etc.
There is also a number of parasites include some kinds of viruses, leading parasitica lifestyle at the expense of another organism.
Unfortunately, even modern society is not able to fully protect yourself from infestation, but if the time to test for parasites, it is possible to avoid their proliferation and get rid of them without serious injury.
Symptoms that indicate the presence of parasites in the human body
Penetration of parasites in the human body occurs through natural openings such as mouth, genitals and anus. Less penetration of worms through the skin, genitourinary system, or ears.
Pathogens can be transmitted by food and water (mostly helminths), through bodily contact with an infected person (pinworms), through soil, air or by pulvis (roundworm).
This files most often invasive disease asymptomatic, I did not detecting their presence. But if there is excessive reproduction, there are signs of various diseases, which usually do not indicate the presence of parasites, which greatly complicates treatment because of the lack of the ability to make the correct diagnosis.
However, there are some grounds on which to assume that humans are parasites.
- frequent headaches,
- regular joint pain
- unexplained pain in the muscles
- frequent colds,
- allergic rashes on the skin
- impediri defecation and constipation,
- grinding of teeth during sleep,
- low efficiency, constant fatigue,
- increased nervousness,
- the appearance of cracks on the heels,
- shortness of breath,
- disruption of the gastrointestinal tract,
- sharp fluctuations in weight
- brittle clavum plates
- itching in the anus.
You need to take into consideration that parasitic disease can cause serious problems. For example, a large number of worms, can be connected to a tangle and cause a bowel obstruction.
Also parasites may be the cause of chronic cell damage, cancer, anemia or jaundice.
Signs of parasites in children
Symptoms that reveal the presence of parasitic organisms in the child:
- violation of habitual diet (lack of appetite, overeating),
- the increase in body temperature,
- allergic rash,
- moodiness, weakness, nervousness,
- dark circles under eyes
- pale skin,
- violation of bowel function (diarrhea with mucus or constipation),
- nausea and vomiting mainly in the morning.
Most parasites are not able to leave the human body. Therefore, when the expression of at least one of the above symptoms must consult a district physician or the pediatrician to be tested for parasites and treatment of worms.
Diagnosis of invasive disease
Invasive diagnosis of disease involves identifying parasites (pinworms, amoebas) and products of their reproduction (larvae, eggs). Previously prescribed a blood test, stool, scrapings of tissue or a sample of sputum. For the study tests are carried out:
- histological studies
- immunological studies,
- mikroskopiya blood
- vegetarianske tests.
Tests for the presence of parasites in children
Before the visit to the specialist, parents often wonder what tests must pass for detection of parasites of the child and which method give more accurate result. Analysis for invasive disease in children is assigned depending on the localization and type of parasites.
Most often prescribed:
- a blood test by ELISA,
- scraping or swab PCR,
- blood in adults and children.
A blood test is the most effective method and allows to determine the exact picture of the disease helminth species, as well as the ability to reproduce. It allows to determine the presence of ascariasis, Toxoplasma, cysticercosis de, amoebas, and lichen. The kind of this research is ELISA ELISA blood test, which allows to estimate the plasma of certain antibodies, provides an opportunity to determine the stage of infection, to investigate the immune response of the organism to the impact of helminth and allows to detect specific elements in the blood.
The advantages of the study by ELISA:
- the accuracy of the result regardless of the qualifications and experience of the technician
- the high sensitivity of the analysis to 90% accuracy,
- allows to show a full picture of the disease and the number of parasites,
- parasites are diagnosed at an early stage of development,
- the ability to monitor the dynamics of the disease,
- determination of the presence of toxic products in the blood.
When the decoding result is considered the color of the reagent and the intensity of the sample. The ratio of antibodies to antigens of parasites measured by the level of IgM and IgG markers in the blood. High concentrations of IgM and IgG lasts for the whole period the presence of worms.
If a blood test shows a high level of IgM, the disease occurs in acute form. IgG antibodies are talking about the chronic form of the disease.
Cons blood test for diagnosis of parasitic diseases:
- the result of the blood test by ELISA receive within 7 days, while the samples of the scrapings, and smears of feces get in 1-2 days,
- study should be carried out in a special laboratory fee.
To donate blood is recommended on an empty stomach, preferably in the first half of the day, it is desirable to eliminate the reception of medicinal preparations for 12-15 hours prior to blood sampling. Parents are advised to pre-prepare your child.
Microscopic analysis of faeces may be required for preliminary determination of helminths in the traditional way. The study determined the presence of eggs of parasites in the fragment of feces.
The most accurate is the result is shown in 3 tests during the week.
For the most accurate result, the piece of feces you have to pass to study in the laboratory no later than 45 minutes after a bowel movement.
The study can be detected parasites such as:
- round worms.
This type of diagnosis, being quite light, can not claim 100% accuracy of the results. This is because the parasites that live in the human body, can over a long period of time not to lay eggs