Information about the fact that 80-90% of people infected with worms, many suggests that need to take anthelmintic drugs as a prophylactic measure.
However, you first need to be tested for parasites, just to make sure in their presence or absence. Only after that should you begin an anthelmintic therapy.
Since the human body is a parasite of many species of worms, there are different tests to detect them. Each diagnostic procedure has a certain percentage of reliability and different features of the.
What are the tests for parasites are there
There are different reasons that necessitate to be tested for the presence of helminthes. Under this option there are 3 types of tests:
- Prevention is necessary for early detection of helminthiasis, even in the absence of characteristic symptoms. Held at the personal initiative of the person or in the clinical examination. Recommended to take this analysis every year, especially children.
- Barrier – assigned to minimise the risk of spread of helminthiasis among the population. It is a must-analysis, which is compulsory for children before starting kindergarten or school, food industry workers, service providers, medical personnel to obtain a medical book. Conducting a barrier analysis is provided once a year.
- On prescription – this tests for the presence of helminthes is appointed by the doctor in the presence of symptoms characteristic of helminthiasis: nausea, indigestion, itching in the anus, weight loss, abdominal pain, fatigue, dizziness. Single negative result of the analysis it is necessary to pass again to verify its authenticity.
Regularly tested for worms for children and their parents, people in the house where there are animals, those who work with the land, animals, increatos drinking water from wells, eat the foods that were inadequate heat treatment or intended for use in cheese, arida, salsa, especially if it's meat, fish, sushi.
Depending on the situation and symptoms are assigned one or several types of analysis. Let us consider in detail the characteristics of each.
The analysis of a feces on eggs of worms
Stool tests for parasites, otherwise it is called coprogram is a method which provides for study under the microscope of fecal masses for the detection of parasite eggs, their larvae or fragments of Mature worms. This analysis provides an opportunity to discover many varieties of worms, but it is particularly effective against worms that are parasitic in the intestine. Suitable for the diagnosis of enterobiasis, ascariasis, in hookworm, trichuriasis and other types of infection.
For the analysis we need to take special sterile jar. It is issued in the clinic, laboratory or purchased in a drugstore.
Further all is simple:
- You need to 1/3 fill the tank with feces. This must be done before 11.00 hours. Keep in a jar were not other impurities, for example, blood drops are other selections, as this will negatively affect the accuracy of the result.
- Cover filled containers must be closed tightly. She signed, and then sarcinas in a disposable package.
- It is best if the material will be to analyze 30-45 minutes after collection. It can be stored in the refrigerator, but not longer than 8 hours. After this period the material becomes unsuitable for analysis.
Before you take the test, you need a week to stop the medication from stomach disorders, antibiotics, anthelmintic medications. Also, the selection of the material does not include rectal suppositories, enemas are not done. 3-4 days before the test you need to limit the consumption of fatty, fried foods, flour.
To know the results the next day after the date of the analysis. But in some laboratories it is made up to 6 days.
The efficiency of this method is 30-35%, since the worms do not every night to lay their eggs.
This means that if the first time the eggs of worms in the material are detected, it takes a few times to pass repeatedly at intervals of 3-5 days. If this analysis three showed a negative result, it is 99% confirms the absence of helminths, which are parasitic in the intestine.
Scraping is the most common analysis of enterobiasis, which allows to detect the presence of pinworms, parasites in the intestines, and every night lay large number of eggs in the area around the anus and in the perineum.
Since enterobiasis most often affects children, child, attendentes kindergarten, school, you need to regularly twice a year to take the scraping. Adults also need to do the analysis at the first signs of parasites: itching in the anus, poor sleep, poor appetite, weight loss, irritability.
Procedure of analysis:
- Takes Scraping with a special spatula, which is available at the pharmacy or a conventional cotton swab, previously soaked in saline or warm water. They removed a swab of the area around the anus and perineum. Another way is to applied to the area around the anus sticky tape (Scotch tape). Carefully removing, it is necessary to stick to the surface clean and dry glass.
- You have to in the morning, immediately after waking up. Before that you cannot go to the toilet and showering. Take a swab in the clinic or at home.
- Stick or spatula on the surface of which remained for biomass research, sarcinas in a dry sterile jar, pack. The packaging should be airtight.
- To deliver the material to the lab for research need on the day of taking a smear, it is better. If necessary, for a maximum of 5 hours it can be stored in the refrigerator.
Scraping is most often used for analysis on enterobiasis
To know the results the next day.
If the results of the first analysis were negative, but typical for enterobiasis symptoms persist, the procedure should go again the next day or the next day. Maximum efficiency ensures 3-4 negative result of the analyses carried out in succession.
Scraping is done solely to identify pinworm. The presence of other parasites with it, will not be identified.
A blood test
A blood test shows the presence of parasites, as a result of your life they affect internal organs, the mucous membranes secrete large amounts of toxins. This provokes changes in the composition of the blood. When there are worms, the immune system starts to produce antibodies (immunoglobulin). Them and can be detected in the result of the study.
The most effective way to detect all types of worms even at the earliest stages of parasitism – enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay. It is a modern diagnostic method, whose efficiency reaches 85-90%.
The main thing that has made the correct interpretation of the results that can only be done by an experienced specialist.
A blood test for parasites determines all their varieties – ascarids, Giardia, flat worms, Dens, the species Trichinella trematodes. Most of them are parasites in the internal organs: liver, lungs, ducts, and not in the gut, so using other tests to identify these types of parasites will not work.
A blood test is also used to detect parasites in the body
Procedure date of analysis:
- To do the analysis, need venous blood. It is enough to take 3-5 ml of material from the cubital vein. The procedure is performed on an empty stomach, preferably in the morning.
- Delectus blood specialists study in the laboratory for the presence of specific antibodies. Consider their importance:
- IgG says the chronic stage helminthiasis;
- IgM appears during the acute phase of the disease;
- the simultaneous increase in the concentration of IgM and IgG indicates exacerbation of the disease.
Interpreting the results of the analysis.
Before donating blood, the patient must undergo a preparation stage. It starts a week before diagnosis and involves the complete rejection of the use of antibiotics and other drugs, which may adversely affect the accuracy of the result. The day before analysis to exclude from the diet fatty foods, sweets, soda and definitely alcohol.
The results of the blood test for the presence of worms ready in 2-3 days after the delivery of the material. Some types of analysis it is necessary to wait 9 days. The period depends on what type of worms are determined using a specific procedure.
The advantage of a blood test – it is possible not only to establish the presence of helminths, but also to accurately determine their species and approximate number. The peculiarity lies in the fact that in response to infection of various worms, the body produces unique antibodies. Accordingly, people taking the analysis to identify specific species of worms. For example, in cases of suspected giardiasis diagnosis is appointed for Giardia. And so on each kind.
Definition of helminthic infestation is performed through a blood test. It is quite informative, allows to identify the different types of worms, but the most effective against pinworms and ascarids.
Common blood test can be concluded about the presence or absence of parasites
In deciphering the overall analysis considered the following indicators:
- hemoglobin – with the defeat of the worms he's demoted;
- white blood cells – when infected by helminths, their concentration is increased.
For the analysis of blood taken from the vein. Prior to the procedure, it is important not to eat 8, and 12 hours is better. Allowed to drink only water. 5-7 days to manipulations need to stop taking antibiotics.
How and where to get tested for parasites
To be tested for parasites have the appearance typical of helminthic infestation symptoms: problems with digestion, asthenia, weight loss, dermatological diseases. Also be diagnosed for the presence of helminths in those situations when a person for many years suffering from a chronic disease, but treatment does not give the expected result. In many cases, it appears that the disease is not triggered by physiological problems, and is a consequence of parasitism of worms.
To be tested in the clinic, private clinic, hospital or medical laboratory. Importantly, the institution to which you apply, have modern equipment and competent staff. Well established laboratory "Invitro", which conducted all kinds of tests.
Before undergoing the procedure, you need to get a referral from a gastroenterologist, morbis infectiosis, proctologist, therapist, surgeon, dermatologist, pediatrician. This person is sent to the laboratory. After examining the material it receives the form results, which indicated found in the body worms.
If the results of the analysis confirmed the presence of intestinal worms, it is important to immediately consult a qualified physician. It can be contagione morbi or therapist. If helminthiasis is diagnosed in a child, will help the pediatrician.
Every person who really cares about health should be checked regularly for the presence of worms. helminthiasis is very dangerous, regardless of parasites in the body small pinworms or meter apni. The worms absorb the bulk of nutrients that enter the body and produce toxins that poison humans. That is why, the sooner will be revealed helminthic infestation, the less damage the disease will cause health.
Tests that detect parasites, should be at least once a year. For the passage of diagnosis it is important to choose a good lab experts which ensures maximum accuracy of the results.