Helminths (worms) in the human body – a problem faced by almost everyone. The main reason for the occurrence of such parasites unwashed hands. Some species do not represent a particular danger and quite simply treatable. But there are worms which entail a fatal outcome for the patient.
Helminths – parasitic worms that live at the expense of the human or animal body and cause serious diseases. They hit the vital organs – lungs, liver, heart. Can penetrate into the ears, eyes and even the brain!
The worst – tapeworms in the human body, which, with its own intestinal system, support its existence at the expense of the bearer, sucking the blood out of him and all the nutrients.
Most prone to infection helminths children. All because they do not perform properly the rules of hygiene. And the main route of infection is known - that dirty hands and household items.
The first symptoms that say about the development of worms, can appear within three to four days after infection, and sometimes a year and a half (filaria). The most common worms in humans – pinworm, which affects fat and the cecum. The second "popular" – roundworms. They cause serious diseases and inflammation.
If there is suspicion of worms, you need to go to the doctor for qualified help. Treatment mostly takes place quickly and efficiently.
Types of worms in humans
Helminthiasis – infestation worms – can be caused by one of the 150 species of parasites (scientists examined 12 thousands of species of worms!).
The most common ones:
- Pinworms. Small worms are gray-white color, which live and reproduce in the gastrointestinal tract. The main harm done by this kind of detrimental impact on the microflora. The result of such phenomena as enterobiasis, inflammation of the urogenital system, nervous disorders, mental and physical growth retardation. The path of contact with worms, dirty hands, dirty foods, Pets.
- Roundworm. The worm in the human body, which can reach up to 40 cm in length. This kind of worms are able to migrate from the intestine to the lungs, thus injuring tissue and causing bleeding in them. Symptoms of Helminthiasis caused by this species, often confused with diseases of the upper respiratory tract. Roundworm violate the microflora of the intestines, sucking nutrients. They can cause allergic reactions, sometimes even asthma and asphyxiation. Get the parasites to humans through unwashed food and hands.
- The whipworm. The worm in the human body, which occupies the third place according to its frequency. They fall through food. Cause disease – trihozefalez, which is accompanied by abdominal pain, lack of appetite, diarrhea, anemia. Often the symptoms are confused with appendicitis.
- A tapeworm. One of the most dangerous species that reaches 10 meters (and sometimes more!) in length. Route of infection – freshwater fish. The worm lives entirely at the expense of the owner, "sucking out all the juice". Affects any organ. Symptoms include nausea, vomiting, headache, and sometimes hallucinations (when a worm gets to the brain). Similar types of pork and beef tapeworm and are the largest worms in the human body.
- Hookworm. Fall through the skin with infected soil. Are lung and intestine. Feed on blood media. The symptoms of infection resemble the symptoms of respiratory diseases. Also have abdominal pain and disorders of the esophagus.
- The species Trichinella. Infection occurs through the meat food (especially meat of wild dangerous animals). Worms are striking muscle tissue – the face, limbs, respiratory system, heart. Symptoms – very high fever (two weeks after infection), disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, abdominal pain, itching, skin rash. When large numbers of larvae may be fatal.
- Hepatic Dens. Enters the body along with your fish. Affects the intestines and gallbladder. Symptoms, such as pain and cramps, fever, "aches" in the body and joints, nausea, allergic reactions. The chronic form of this Helminthiasis can cause hepatitis. The worst complication of liver cirrhosis and cancer. Even if cure iecoris Dens, traces of the parasite remain in the form of inflammation of the liver.
- Echinococcus. The representative of the tapeworms. Reaches a length of 4-5 meters. A parasite on the cob, often on dogs and wolves. Getting to man the worms at first strike the intestines, and then carried with the blood throughout the body. Most often settle in the lungs and liver. Externally, the lesions resemble cysts that grow and are incorrectly treated for malignancy. Complications that causes the worm – cysts and sharp intoxication of an organism and its contents.
Often people underestimate the danger of Contracting worms. So do not take timely measures. Remember that some parasites-worms in the human body result in death.
The causes of worms
The main causes of infection of helminths for two – unwashed hands and improperly handled food. All types of worms enter the body through:
- The contaminated soil.
- Water supply (drinking water).
- Vegetables, fruits, berries.
- Raw meat and fish, eggs, milk.
- Vector control can be Pets – cats and dogs, and flies that carry parasite eggs.
The best prevention of Helminthiasis – observance of rules of personal hygiene.
Signs of worms in the human body
That people have become infected with some worms, can show following symptoms:
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, pain, abdominal cramps.
- Lack of appetite, weight loss.
- Increased body temperature, which sometimes reaches 39-40 degrees.
- Rash and redness on the skin.
- For certain types of worms – a long, dry coughing, liver disease (depends on which organ is affected by worms). Worms that live in the human body that can cause various reactions of the organs on "invasion".
- The appearance of circles under the eyes.
- Bad breath.
- Itching in the anus, especially at night.
- Gnashing of teeth during sleep, snoring, restless sleep.
- Lymphadenitis – inflammation of lymph nodes, which is accompanied by accumulation of pus.
- Fatigue, weakness, irritability.
Often some symptoms are absent or perceived for any other disease. Therefore, the visit to the doctor is delayed. Accordingly, the risk of complications increases.
Diagnosis of worms
There are several types of diagnosis, which determine the helminth in the human body. They are based on the symptoms the patient which helps to determine the path of infestation.
- Micro - and macroanalysis of feces. Used in the detection of all types of worms.
- The blood test for the presence of larvae.
- Ultrasound diagnosis.
- The x-rays.
- Biopsy of muscle tissue.
- Endoscopic studies that involve the use of special devices – endoscopes. One of these species is fibrogastroduodenoscopy. It is the study of bodies of the esophagus using a special probe.
If you suspect pinworms normal enough fecal. More sophisticated types of worms and require more complex diagnostics.
Treatment of helminthiasis
If there are worms in the human body, treatment should be started immediately to avoid complications. To do this, first of all, you should consult a specialist who will diagnose and determine the tactics of therapy.
Treatment for worms include:
- Reception of drugs of a wide or narrow spectrum of activity. Medication is administered once or according to the scheme. Such tools include the medication "Piperazine", "Pyrantel", "Mebendazole", "Albendazole", "Levamisole", "Medamin" and others.
- Probiotics, such as all kinds of worms mainly violate the intestinal microflora.
- The use of antiallergic funds.
- Diet. The restriction of sweet products.
- Strict hygiene (food processing, disinfection and indusia bed linen, household items).
- Control of worms after a certain time. Is obligatory in order to determine the residues of larvae.
If you have found worms in the human body, preventive measures should be taken to all family members. Prevention refers to unum tempus medications.
Traditional methods of treatment of helminths are effective and efficient if you know how to use them correctly.
Helminthiasis is not only a disease that brings discomfort to man, it is a disease that can cause very complex health problems. Therefore, the treatment of the disease should begin immediately.
- All known since childhood method of prevention of intestinal worms – garlic and onions. These two vegetables give the gut a hostile environment, which is not very much like worms.
- Decoctions of herbs (chamomile, fennel).
- The addition of therapeutic oils in food (bergamot, tea tree, lavender).
- Tincture of onion. Cut one onion into several pieces and pour up in the morning with water. In the morning drink on an empty stomach. The course of treatment – a week.
- Horseradish garlic (one to one), pour half a glass of alcohol. Infuse for ten days, strain and drink one tablespoon three times a day before meals.
- Garlic with milk. To eat the highest amount of garlic and wash it all down with milk. Two hours later, or to do an enema or drink a laxative.
- Carrot juice. To drink in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Eat pumpkin seeds, walnuts, pomegranate, mint.
Prevention of worms
Just like any disease, it is better to prevent Helminthiasis. The best prevention of worms – clean hands and pure products.
- To unsubscribe from untreated drinking water, milk. Such products must be processed at high temperatures (boiling).
- To comply with the rules of heat treatment of food.
- To refuse from eating meat with "blood", as well as from raw meat.
- Vegetables and fruits before eating should douse with boiling water.
- To abandon the purchase of products in the spontaneous markets.
- If you have Pets, they need to examine at the vet.
- In spring and autumn, regardless of whether there are worms in the body, it is necessary to make prevention medications.
- People from the risk group (workers of kindergartens, schools, zoos, veterinary clinics) should be periodically tested for worms.
Complications of helminthiasis
Worms that live in the human body, not only bring its owner discomfort, but can cause serious complications:
- Moving the human body, the parasites damage the organs and tissues and disrupt their normal functioning. Thus, there can be various inflammations, including cancer.
- There is a sharp intoxication of an organism products of disintegration of worms. The result is often allergies, asthma, suffocation.
- The worm ascarids causes a complex disease of the upper respiratory tract (pneumonia, bronchitis).
- The parasites attack the genitourinary system, causing cystitis, urethritis, pyelonephritis and other diseases.
- A dangerous phenomenon that occurs as a result of infection by worms, – peritonitis – inflammation of the abdominal cavity.
- Frequent internal bleeding, anemia, a complete depletion of the body.
If we talk about all the complications that can arise as a result of infection with helminths, the person underestimates "these little animals"! You can never ignore the symptoms!
How to identify worms in young children?
To diagnose helminths in children is sometimes harder than adults. That the worms can get into the body of a child under one year, very few people know. Therefore, do not pay enough attention to the symptoms.
If the child discovered the following characteristics of the ailments, should consult a specialist. Perhaps the child suffers from Helminthiasis.
- Sharply reduced appetite, weight loss is.
- Increased interest in sweets. All sorts of "Goodies" like not only people, but also parasites.
- The child tormented by morning sickness, and sometimes vomiting.
- A constant stomachache for no apparent reason.
- Toddler teeth grinding in sleep, snoring.
- Prolonged dry cough.
This is with regard to the main symptoms. Worms in the human body, especially small, can cause a variety of reactions that parents often confuse with other diseases. Whatever it was, the child in any case should be taken to a therapist.
The main form of diagnosis of worms in children – the study of feces. A variety of de-vermis of drugs allows to select medications for the treatment of any taste and age. But the best prevention is clean hands, disinfect the house, and the proper handling of the products.
Worms during pregnancy
Worms though, and dangerous "creatures", but quickly treatable. Unfortunately, this does not apply to pregnant women. Infection with worms during pregnancy may cause very severe complications in fetal development, childbirth, and many other troubles.
Almost all drugs that are used for treating worms, is contraindicated in pregnant as they can harm the baby. Therefore, it is forbidden to self-medicate. The only way is to visit a doctor and get professional help.
An effective tool for pregnant women in the fight against worms are the traditional methods – carrot juice in the morning, garlic and onions, pumpkin seeds. You also need to eat more foods that contain fiber, and yogurt with probiotics.
Worms in humans is a serious problem that should not be ignored. Some types of parasites can grow up to 20 meters, draining and sucking all the power of the people, leading to recent deaths.
Timely diagnosis of worms allows treatment quickly and efficiently. And the best prevention is to observe rules of personal hygiene.