Helminthiasis is one of the most common diseases, occurring in childhood. Child is actively engaged in the knowledge of the world at higher risk of infection parasitic infection. Worms in children are the result of habit to pull in the mouth a variety of items, playing with Pets, desire to eat unwashed berries or fruit.
The types of worms that are dangerous to humans
Parasites, able to live in the human body, are divided into several groups:
- Flat (cestodes). These include the pork tapeworm, broad tapeworm, the tapeworm, Echinococcus.
- Round (nematodes) – pinworm, roundworm, whipworm, Trichinella.
- Flukes (trematodes) – the cat and the liver Fluke.
Worms are able to settle in any organ in the intestines, liver, muscles, heart, lungs. To cope with parasitic infection can only be good knowing the symptoms and treatment of each type of helminthiasis.
Ways of infection
A large part of all cases of infection the worms are pinworms and ascarids. This is due to the mode of transmission. Infection occurs mainly via dirty hands, eating raw products. That is underdeveloped in children skills of personal hygiene and becomes the cause of worms in a child. Eggs of parasites are recorded in the house on street shoes, enter the body of the child when dealing with animals. Some types of worms cause the meat, fish that have not undergone the required heat treatment.
When pinworm infection there is a high probability of numerous diseases, when after scratching of the anus, which remain in the hands of helminth eggs are in all subjects, which was touched by the child. It becomes the cause of re-infection the media of infection and the other children.
Common symptoms of helminthiasis
Some species of parasites inhabit the human body over the years, does not prove itself. Period of activation is associated with the weakening of the host immune system. About the presence of intoxication, caused by worms, is judged by a number of factors. In children the first symptoms of parasitic infection are observed after 2-3 weeks of being infected.
The child observed:
- Pain in the upper or lower abdomen.
- Loss of appetite (increase or, conversely, absence).
- Weight loss.
- The manifestation of allergic reactions.
- Frequent infectious-inflammatory diseases of the upper respiratory tract.
- Growth retardation, developmental delays.
- Pain in the chest.
- Brittle nails and hair.
- The increase of salivation.
- The presence of worms in the stool.
- Irritability, moodiness, decreased concentration, sleep disorders related to intoxication of the body caused by helminths.
If untreated, worms in children can cause serious problems – hepatitis, pyoderma. Jaundice. Sometimes cause blurred vision, development of strabismus, pulmonary insufficiency, intestinal obstruction.
Finding the first signs of worms in children, you should immediately consult a doctor, undergo a medical examination that includes laboratory tests. After confirming the diagnosis and determining the bot is assigned to the appropriate treatment.
Disease caused by parasites. Parasites are small worms white color, which sizes do not exceed 2 cm. their life span is short, however, failure to comply with hygiene there is a risk of re-infection. The eggs of the parasite have high viability. Not all disinfectants have a devastating effect. Penetrating through the mouth and into the intestine, pass into the stage of larvae, which after 2 weeks become adults. Each of them can lay up to 15 thousand eggs per day. Symptoms of enterobiasis have their own characteristics, therefore to distinguish the disease from other types of worms is easy. Fertile females of the parasite trying to lay eggs in the skin folds of the anus that causes severe itching in this area, and inflammatory processes. To suspect their child's behavior – the kid is scratching the anus, becomes irritable, excitable, restless sleep is noted.
In girls, urethral irritation parasites often leads to urinary incontinence. Penetrating the vagina, the parasites can cause inflammatory processes in internal genital organs.
As a result of life pinworms have these same symptoms which are characteristic for all types of helminthiasis intoxication, headaches, nausea, weight loss.
This is one of the most dangerous types of worm infestation. Roundworm is capable of hitting any organs. Worms, long worms, which sometimes reach up to 40 cm in the absence of treatment can live a year, eggs in a favorable environment will continue for 12 years.
The infection occurs in the absence of hygienic practices. Child in contact with sand, where there are eggs of the parasite has contact with Pets, and then forget to wash your hands and everything in her mouth dirty fingers. Often helminthiasis caused by the use of dirty vegetables and fruits. Within 3 months from the moment of infection of Ascaris larvae migrate, migrating from the intestines to other organs. The child is observed at a temperature subfebrile, weakness, malaise. One of the symptoms is the presence of a dry cough, sometimes with phlegm containing the impurities of the blood.
The incidence of lung worms may cause bronchitis, pneumonia, pleurisy, asthma. The initial stage of ascariasis is accompanied by enlarged lymph nodes, liver, spleen. The presence in the body of the child of worms show allergic reactions as urticaria, dermatosis.
After 3 months, when there is a migration of Ascaris back into the intestines, disturbances of functions of digestive organs.
Child complains of pain in the abdomen. Observed violations of stool, weight loss, flatulence. Against the background of low immunity as a result of the formation of various helminthiasis infectious processes – stomatitis, purulent lesions of the mucous membranes. Intoxication caused by the waste products of the parasites, causes disorders of the nervous system, insomnia. Dangerous are possible complications associated with parasites. Often running the bot ends with peritonitis, jaundice, bowel obstruction.
Microscopic organisms called Giardia dwell in the intestines and in the gallbladder. Are quite difficult. A stool sample is necessary to investigate not later than one hour after defecation. Parasites about myself say only the symptoms resembling the flu or the common cold.
Other helminthic infection
Of infecting children with other types of parasites are much less common. However, the consequences can be quite serious. There are the following types of worms:
- Gimenolepidoz called dwarf tapeworm. Special symptoms is not observed, except those which are characteristic of any worm infestation – lack of appetite, salivation, abdominal pain, heartburn, fatigue.
- Trihozefalez. The causative agent is the whipworm parasite, whose length is up to 5 cm Main symptoms at worms in children are seen approximately six weeks after infection. The lifespan of one individual in the human body is an average of 5 years. The disease is manifested recurrent dyspeptic disorders. Violations of the stool accompanied by vomiting, bloating. Sometimes anemia. Intoxication can lead to developmental delays.
- Opisthorchiasis. Occurs as a result of infection Siberian cat or Fluke. The temperature rises to subfebrile level, blood test shows increased number of eosinophils, ESR, anemia. The child complains of pain in the right hypochondrium, in the joints. Severe forms of helminthiasis lead to the development of pneumonia, hepatitis, gastritis.
- Difillobotrioz – infection wide lentetsa. The penetration of larvae into the human body occurs by eating poorly processed fish. Symptoms of worms – abdominal pain, digestive disorders, allergies.
- Toxocariasis. This kind of helminthiasis transmitted by contact with infected animals. Manifested in the form of allergic reactions such as coughing, skin rashes. Possible swollen lymph nodes, signs of swelling on the face. One of the most dangerous complications caused by parasites, is a special keratitis, which leads to irreversible damage to the organs of vision.
To detect the baby worms and determine their view of you after laboratory testing of feces, urine, blood. The detection of pinworms occurs through scraping. The tests need to pass 3 times with a certain interval. This will help to identify the time of reproduction of the parasites. Common blood test helps to identify an increased number of eosinophils. Additionally, it may be assigned the examination of the sputum, bile to the presence of toxins.
In cases of suspected hydatid disease is x-ray, ultrasound. For the diagnosis of opisthorchiasis requires the study of the intestinal contents. How to treat a particular type of bot, is determined only after the necessary diagnostic methods.
There are many modern medicinal drugs able to effectively cope with any parasites. The selection of tools must be carried out by the attending physician. It is important to take into account the General condition of the baby, age, presence of Allergy or malfunctions of internal organs. The mechanism of action of anti-parasitic drugs have significant differences. Some tools are effective against adults, while others have a broader range of actions. In some cases, repeat treatment.
Given the high degree of toxicity of drugs and the likelihood of side effects, requires a very responsible attitude to the implementation of the recommended medical dosages.
Along with such funds, often prescribed antihistamines. For children over the age of 2 years can be applied in the form of drops and suspension.
The complex include chelators, designed for removal of metabolic products of the parasite, as well as vitamins C, V.
Traditional methods of treatment
Many of the recipes of traditional medicine, which are used in the fight against parasites, are known for their effectiveness. However, their use is best as a preventive method or complement to drug therapy, without which one cannot do if the child helminthiasis. The lack of quality treatment can lead to severe complications. The most effective ways that help to bring the worms in a child are:
- The infusion of walnuts. Green kernels chop, pour hot water and add some salt. To insist under the lid for half an hour, then strain and give your child to drink throughout the day.
- Pumpkin seeds – one of the most popular tools from the flatworms. Daily is recommended to eat 100-200 g of seeds.
- Carrot juice. Before each Breakfast drink fresh juice for 3 weeks. The method is contraindicated in disorders of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Hemp oil. Take a teaspoon morning and evening. Can drip oil on a piece of bread.
- An infusion of chamomile. Pour the dried flowers with boiling water and leave the lid on for a while. Before use, dilute with water to a translucent state. Daily drink 1 liter of infusion.
- A decoction of pomegranate peels. The removed crust with a pomegranate boiled in a glass of water, strain. The resulting broth is divided into 3 admission, drink in half-hour increments. 3 hours after last reception to give the child a laxative.
Use any folk remedies should be agreed with your doctor.
Prevention of helminthiasis
Despite the fact that worms around child everywhere, contamination can be avoided. The main preventive measures are:
- Hygiene. You need to teach your child to wash their hands after using the toilet, coming from a walk, after each contact with animals.
- Berries, fruits thoroughly washed under running, and then hot water.
- Getting rid of the habit to pull in your mouth fingers, pencils.
- Cooking fish and meat dishes require heat treatment of not less than 40-60 minutes.
To protect the child from the bot by using anthelmintic drugs that are taken to prevent the fall and spring. Children with one and a half years are recommended the most secure of them.
Knowing how a system gets infected by worms in children the symptoms and treatment of various types of worms to get rid of the infection and to normalize the state of the baby fast enough.